Peer Review Process
AccScience Publishing follows a double-blind peer review procedure for submissions of all manuscripts to its journals.
All submitted manuscripts are subjected to a fair, unbiased and extensive peer review in consultation with the assigned journal's Editorial Board Member and independent internal or external referees (usually two reviewers), which have expertise in the field of the submitted manuscripts. The peer review applies a short and rapid, but fair and professional assessment on all submitted manuscripts. The journal's Editor-in-Chief is then decided on the submitted manuscripts based on all the peer reviewers' comments before conveying to the author(s).
All submissions from the Editor-in-Chief will undergo independent peer-review and assess by the journal's Editorial Board Member or in-house Editor for the decision on acceptance.
All manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Chinese Architecture and Urbanism will follow the following procedure:
(1) Initial submission is reviewed by in-house editors to ensure adherence to journal policies and for double-blind review
(2) Editor-in-Chief decides on the manuscript to be sent out for review process and assigns the manuscript to one of the editors according to the particular topic.
(3) Editor assigns reviewers from inside the editorial board or outside depending on the topic.
(4) After evaluations by the reviewers have been received, the editor-in-chief makes one of the following recommendations: accept, minor revision, major revision, reject and resubmit, and reject.
(5) If decision is minor revision, the authors have 7 days to resubmit the revised manuscript.
(6) If decision is major revision, the authors have 14 days to resubmit the revised manuscript.
(7) Upon resubmission, the same procedure is applied as for the initial submission.
(8) Authors may appeal for a rejected submission. Appeal requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed reasons for the appeal and point by point responses to the reviewer's remarks. Decisions on appeals are final without exception.
(9) For all manuscripts accepted for publication, the peer review process will be deemed to be completed. The manuscript will proceed to be copyedited, layout edited and proofread before being published online.